Friday, August 11, 2006

A tad late, but...

A couple of years back, my friend Liam and I did a road trip from the West to the East Coast of Canada. "Ghetto-Fabulous" quickly became the christened theme for our trip. We were somehow always drawn to our own little ghetto-fabulous part of town where we would end up bunking down for an interesting evening or two! It was destined from the start really. Liam's faithful dodge broke down only a few hours into the trip. It was then we experienced our first ghetto-fabulous moment. Without going into detail, we also thought it would be our last, however destiny had other plans....

Upon arriving in Auckland, New Zealand I find myself having flash backs to those ghetto-fabulous moments? A little less on the fabulous! A cold, dodgy hostel. The very seedy end of town. With let's say, some quite "interesting" characters sharing my 6 bed dorm. I am not quite ready to face the world of ghetto-fabulous alone. Not in NZ anyway! Sth America maybe, NZ nah.

Anyway, as I sit here in the cold hostel internet room, creating a blog that I promised a few persistent friends I would do, ghetto-fabulous is obviously on my mind hence the name!


I will report back sometime soon with an update from the land of the kiwi! Hopefully without too many ghetto-fabulous moments just yet...